Monday 21 September 2015

Where my shoes took me: Enjoying Montpellier

I have to say, the best way to travel France is by car... Your own private car if you can!

You get to see so many cute cities along the way, stop wherever you want and enjoy everything France has to offer!

My boyfriend and I did a trip to the South of France recently. We went to Montpellier, Toulouse, Argeles, Barcelona and Pas de la Casa (more details on those later!). We travelled all of these places by car and it took many, many hours and many, many kilometres.

Montpellier town centre

Our first stop was Montpellier. My boyfriend had a mammoth effort of driving almost 11 hours from Angers to Montpellier, while I did my best to make sure we didn't get lost! One of us succeeded more than the other :/!!!

Exploring Montpellier

We spent 6 days exploring the city of Montpellier, enjoying all the bars and restaurants, we went shopping and explored the sights.


I even got to enjoy one of the best coffees in France. 

I was missing Australia coffee so my boyfriend searched for a nice coffee place to take me. After some research, he took me to Bun Café. After one sip, I was transported back to my favourite cafe in Australia. 

Café Bun in Montpellier

My café latte and freshly squeezed orange juice

We also spent some time exploring the surrounding cities of Montpellier. We went to Sète to soak up the sunshine on the beach and enjoyed some lunch along the canal.

In the city of Sète

We were lucky to have our own tour guides in Montpellier. 

Some of my boyfriend's friends live in the city, so they knew all the great touristy things to do and the nice surrounding cities to explore. 

One day they took us to a beautiful gorge. We did a little rock climbing and had lunch in the private gorge. It was beautiful. I wasn't brave to swim but apparently the water was beautiful!

Les Gorges De L'Herault

After spending time at the gorge, we went to explore the cute surrounding town called Saint Guillem Le Desert. A little town high in the mountains. There are nice little shops, bars and little streets to explore with a beautiful view of the mountains.

Saint Guillem Le Desert

Montpellier is a beautiful city to explore. There are so many bars and restaurants to enjoy and close surrounding cities less than an hour away. After 6 days, we only just scratched the surface... 

My Frenchy loved Montpellier

One day we will return to explore more.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to hearing your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...